Subject: Lockup when choosing shell
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jay Yanek <Jyanek@cris.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1995 14:13:29
I'm trying to install v1.1 on a IIci with 8mb ram, internal video.  I've
partitioned my external 250mb hd with 150mb for root&usr and 16mb for swap.

I have installed successfully base11, netbsd11, and etc11 for starters.

When I boot using booter, it seems to go well until I get a prompt asking:

    Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

If I hit return, or type for instance /bin/csh, it just repeats the line
and locks up.  The last few lines of text look like:

Changing root device to sd1a.
PRAM: 0x30d2cc5b, macos_boottime: 0x30d2cc50.
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:    <at this point I hit return>
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

The screen locks up, and in fact, if I look in the center of the screen,
there is a horizontal line where the text seems to be 'broken'.

Clues?
Jay