Subject: Re: Booting a IIsi
To: Francis Fang <ffang@grover.printing.uiowa.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1995 19:26:11
> I've been trying to get NetBSD to boot without success for the last day or
> so. My system hardware is a Mac IIsi with a Daystar 50Mhz PowerCache with
> 5Mb RAM, 80 Mb HD (40 root/usr, 12 swap) running Sy 7.5.1.
[...]
> [preserving 89324 bytes in symbol table]
> Bootstrapping from NetBSD/mac68k
> Getting mapping from MMU.
> System RAM: 4915200 bytes in 1200 pages
>    :                     <- lots of low and high numbers
>    Low = 0x48a0000, high = 0x48a8000
> get_mapping(): Too many NuBus ranges.

This looks like the typical symptom when you don't have 32-bit
addressing mode on.  I also suggest you take a look at cache settings
of your Daystar since off-chip cache (secondary cache) is known to
cause problem (you should turn off secondary cache).

...But I never understood why secondary cache should cause any problem
at all.  Could anyone explain it?

ken