Subject: Re: Centris 610 and the drool on my keyboard...
To: None <joefaber@phoenix.Princeton.EDU, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Allen <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1995 12:11:01
On Dec 14, 11:21am, Joe Faber wrote:
>I've been lurking here for a while and have been getting successively
>more jealous of everyone who has MacBSD working. If I replace the 68040LC
>with a full 68040, which I hear is possible, what will be standing in my
>way? If I had to guess, I'd say the ethernet and the adb scheme. Am I
>right, and is there anyone working on on-board ethernet? Any info would
>be appreciated. Thanks.

I have one too, and have been (painfully slowly) working to get the
ethernet going so that it can do more than just boot...

Offhand, the things that prevent it from being usable are: scsi driver,
adb, video, ethernet; in short, the only communication is through a
serial console, and all it does it boot to a mini-root/ramdisk.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com
"Dang, I know I left it here somewhere!" "What?" "My mind. I've lost my mind!"

Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art.
		-- Charles McCabe