Subject: Re: ROM glue
To: Olivier GALIBERT <Olivier.Galibert@mines.u-nancy.fr>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1995 11:49:03
On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, Olivier GALIBERT wrote:
> PS: For whom may be interessed,
>      - I built a cross-compiling environment on a SGI. It's fairly easy
>        with gcc 2.7.2/binutils 2.6 (hint: --target=m68k-mac-netbsd) but
>        there's a bit of hacking to do. If you want be to be more precise,
>        just ask.

I tried doing the same thing (well, almost the same... gcc 2.7.1/binutils
2.6) and had some trouble assembling arch/m68k/fpsp/copyright.s. gas was
outputting a .o file that was either 2 bytes too short, or had the length
field in the header set 2 bytes too long. In any case, the linker didn't
like it at all. Did you have that problem, and if you did, what did you do
to fix it? :) I'm running on an i386-netbsd host. Since copyright.s was
just a copyright message (no actual code), I just used the i386 as and
used emacs to change the machine id to be m68k :) I did manage to get a
kernel built, btw. No idea if it's a working kernel, but at least it
crashes in exactly the same way as the generic kernel from the
distribution :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 19 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++