Subject: Re: Daystar Accelerator?
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1995 09:34:00
>Brad-
>
>Where exactly is your Mac II dying?  My IIci manages to boot both
>from the MacOS and from my NetBSD partition without trouble.
>
>Have you tried booting with all extensions off (except perhaps
>Mode32!) ?

Colin:

I have a stripped down system on my MacBSD partition that has only Mode32
and the monitors and memory control panels.

I did find the problem, thanks to you and Allen Briggs. 1.1 has a problem
with ADB and the Daystar. I switched back to the Oct 23 kernel, and all is
well. You might want to try one of the newer kernels and see if you have
the same problem I did.

BTW, the increased speed is really nice. Subjectively, the MacII now seems
almost as fast as the 6100 I have at work on non-native applications.

Thanks for the help

Brad

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Fax    (716) 262-3906

Rochester, NY 14614                           Home   (716) 377-4624