Subject: ROM glue
To: pm <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olivier GALIBERT <Olivier.Galibert@mines.u-nancy.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1995 13:37:20
I'm in the process of porting macbsd to a performa 630 (yeah, the one
with the IDE drive...) and I have two questions to ask related to
ROM vectors :

  - To find out vectors for the 630, I get the asm code at the ROM
    entry points for a LCIII and look for then in the 630's one (I
    just love Rommie ;-). A problem is that vectors for the LC
    series are of the form 408xxxxx and 40Axxxxx. Since the ROM
    is 1Mo and starts at 40800000, they should stop at 408FFFFF. So
    how is the MMU mapping the rom ?

  - I noticed in the code that some vectors are said "verified" and
    others not.  What should I test to know if my guesses can achieve
    the verified status ?

  Sarayan

PS: For whom may be interessed,
     - I built a cross-compiling environment on a SGI. It's fairly easy
       with gcc 2.7.2/binutils 2.6 (hint: --target=m68k-mac-netbsd) but
       there's a bit of hacking to do. If you want be to be more precise,
       just ask.

     - I hacked with a battleaxe mkfs, install and the 1.8 booter to make
       them support IDE, if you want them (side effect, they don't support
       SCSI anymore ;-) same as above, just ask.