Subject: Re: Daystar Accelerator?
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1995 07:42:34
> I am currently running netbsd11-scsifix in my Mac IIci with a Daystar
> 50MHz PowerCache accelerator.  As far as I can tell, it is working
> just fine for me (except for the fact that I got a few additional bad
> packet errors from the ethernet card during boot into multi-user).

What's "a few additional packet errors?"  Do you see a packet error, and
then a syslog message about the same error, or do you see multiple
errors?

> One thing that does kind of interest me though, is:
> real mem = 16777216
> avail mem = 13012992
> Does this really mean that NetBSD is only using 13 MB of the 16 MB
> available to it?

This means that the kernel is using a static ~3 MB for itself,
leaving 13MB to use for "stuff".  If you're using internal video,
that might explain some of it.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **