Subject: Daystar Accelerator?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/1995 20:49:02
It was with great anticipation of rapid compiles and the like that I booted
for the first time with a newly acquired Daystar 030 accelerator in my
macII.

No joy.

The boot sequence goes fine, apparently, and xed even manages to get X
started, but the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive, dead that is.

reboot in single user mode to try to turn X off since that is clearly the
problem, and exactly the same thing happens. Everything seems fine until
it's time to enter something, and then nothing at all, reboot time.

I've seen notes from people who have the daystar accelerators running.
What's the secret? I've tried it with the cache set to off and on with no
change. I've tried the math switch in both positions and it doesn't help.

There must (I hope) be a simple explaination.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                                (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                                 bsalai@servtech.com
Two State Street
Rochester, NY 14614