Subject: Re: Boot error: Bad format?
To: Johnny C Lam <jlbg+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/1995 09:36:11
>     1)    I downloaded the netbsd11 file (from various places) in binary
>           format.
>     2)    I gunzipped the file and got a file named "netbsd11".

Ah.  The netbsd11 file is in .tar.gz format.  I recommend moving it to a
Unix machine and extracting it--you should get a file called 'netbsd'
which you can then transfer back to your mac in binary mode and try to boot.

Or you can download a kernel from my ftp area on puma
(ftp://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/pub/outgoing/briggs).
netbsd11-scsifix-sercon should be a raw, bootable kernel
file (not even gzipped).

Note that the scsi fix and the serial console fix should both become
part of a patch to NetBSD 1.1 at some point relatively soon, and I'll
put an "official" patched kernel.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **