Subject: Partitioning with APS 2.7.3?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Schmidt <schmidt.180@osu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/11/1995 23:35:34
Hi.  Please forgive the newbie questions.

I am trying to partition my 105M hard drive for use with NetBSD/m68k 1.1.
As recommended in the INSTALL file, I obtained a copy of Alliance Power
Tools 2.7.3.  The INSTALL file says the root partition must be at least
50M for the full installation, which implies that the partition may be
smaller if you don't want the full installation, or if you will have a
/usr partition.  However, A.P.T. will not allow an AU/X root partition
of less than 55.6M (or greater than 75M).  Is there any way around this?
Or is there another program available for FTP that will partition?  (I
can't use Apple's HD SC Setup because this isn't an Apple hard drive.)

Also, it seems A.P.T. will only create a root partition, swap partition,
and the recovery partition, leaving the rest for an HFS partition.  How
does one create /usr, /var, /etc and so forth?  Must they be on seperate
drives?

Once again, sorry for intrusion.  I know a bit about unix as a user, but
none at all as a system admin.

Thanks for your time.
        Tim

______ Tim Schmidt ______
The Ohio State University // Doc: Are you troubled by impure thoughts?
schmidt.180@osu.edu // Patient: To tell the truth, I rather enjoy them!