Subject: Re: Accellerated LC story...
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Scott Lipcon <slipcon@max.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/11/1995 22:41:48
On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu> wrote:

> > If anyone has the source for the booter or the kernel around somehwere,
> > will you look for the "Set _mac68k_vrsrc_rec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
> > }." printf() and figure out what it does.
>
> It's been several messages back, so I'm assuming that you're using booter
> 1.8.  I'm also assuming that the Root SCSI ID # is set correctly.  I
> don't think that applies, though, as I believe the message is after the
> system has checked the UFS partition.

	Yup... booter 1.8.  I also tried 1.6, and It crashed after the
"ser_console = 0" line.  I have the SCSI id set correctly.

> I've poured through the sourvce code with ClarisWorks.  Can't find your
> string.  Also hand-checked parts that I thought might contain that.
> Maybe I'm just checking for too big a chunk of it.  Maybe tomorrow when
> I'm awake enough to focus on 832x624 text at 9 or 10 point....

	Can I download the source onto my UNIX account and grep through
it somewhere?  I don't want to download it all to my mac, since I have a
slow modem.  I'll poke around on puma and see what I can find...

> Is this in the extra debug info stuff or before it?

	I'm not sure... I have extra debug stuff ON, but I am not sure
what is extra and what isn't.  Tomorrow I'll try to turn it off and see
where it crashes.

Thanks for the help,
Scott