Subject: Re: Accellerated LC story...
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Scott Lipcon <slipcon@max.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1995 15:58:47
On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > I tried to install etc11 and base11 from puma.
>
> You really don't need to install anything to see if it boots.  Just
> configure the booter to get the kernel off the MacOS partition and
> supply it with a raw kernel file.

	Ok... I found one problem... when I formatted the syquest disk
using Mkfs, I forgot to make the changes documented in the syquest
HOWTO... I reformatted it, and I tried to boot from a Mac side kernel
(the special LCIII kernel 11/28) and it didn't get any farther... this
time, I wrote down the error though:  It malloced the RAM, set a lot of
environment variables, and said:

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_rec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 }.

and hung...  Again, it never got out of the booter.  There was a similar
Set _Mac68k thing above this one, but this is the one that crashes.

> Try disabling the options in the booter about video interrupts, etc.

	They are disabled... I'm booting with Extra debugging info ON,
Single User mode ON, Dont bug me about untested machine ON, and
everything else is OFF.

The only thing that I could think of is that partition name section in
the booter dialog... it is set to MacBSD or some such default... should I
change it to "AUX Root&Usr slice 0"?

What is the latest version of Mkfs?  I have a really old one without a
version number.  Is 1.0 the latest Install utility?

Thanks a lot!
Scott