Subject: Installer source questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/1995 21:41:36
I have downloaded the installer source and was going to try to recompile
and hopefully work on some of the things that are wrong/lacking.  Basically,
I got tired of waiting for the Q610 to actually function with NetBSD and
decided to work on something I could do :-(

Upon downloading, I tried to compile with no changes.  I now have several
questions.

1) The project calls for "ANSI32" and "unix32" libraries.  Are these
        actually the same as the "ANSI" and "unix" libraries included
        in Think C 6.0?? If not, where do I get these from??

2) What version of Think C was this compiled with and is there anything
        nonstandard I need to set in the preferences, etc..??

Assuming that the libraries were the same, I compiled(with no errors).
However, when I try and run it, it labels all three scsi devices as
"sd0" instead of sd0, sd1, and sd2 and then, of course, drops into the
debugger(at "insmntque").

This leads me to think there is something wrong with the source or that
the libraries listed above actually contain something more than the
standard libraries I have.  Would someone please help me out??

I am using the installer source from the ftp.netbsd.org site, Think C 6.0
(I also tried with the 7.0 patch), and the previously mentioned Q610.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Brown