Subject: NetBSD 1.1 serial, pppd, etc..
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mack Nagashima <mackn@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/08/1995 03:40:25
	Ok...as i've been reading about the fifo overflows..i get
themtoo..when i try to use cu or pppd/chat or access the
modem...whatever..anywyz...i don't remember the last time i tried to
connect my box via slip/ppp so i'm not sure if its something i did or
after the update to 1.1  that started my problems :)
	ANywayz...when i try to connect using cu i get the usual
'connect' echo and then a lot of garbage..i try to type stuff to the
modem but i getn no response whatsoever...so i kill the job...i tried to
to go through ppd and it get's as far as pppd connecting wih tty00 but
soon after i hear the dialtone..it hangs up and i get some sort of serial
loopback something rather..forgot the exact error..and pppd exits...
	I was wondering if this was a problem with my routing tables or
what not..i don't know..or is it just some bug in the kernel?  I'm
running a IIsi w/9megs...umm..i think something like a 250 partition with
18 or what not swap..blah blah..it's been a while ;)
	Anywayz..help? :)

-Mack