Subject: Re: LC 520 or LC 575 working?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Williamson <toddw@rb.isl.secom.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/08/1995 18:08:44
Well, to follow up to my own message, I followed some advice that I
got, and tried booting the netbsd.9.26 kernel off of microserve.com,
and it worked with the serial console.

I managed to get the system partially up and working (it boots single
user and most programs work, though some key ones (like df) crash
because of the lack of an FPU).  It also crashes when execing getty at
the end of the boot sequence for multiuser, though I can't use db at
that point because the serial port is messed up.  I suspect that it's
because I'm using the 1.1 binaries with a pre-1.1 kernel.

Would some kind soul mind to compile me a 1.1 kernel with the recent
FPE mods and the recent ser.c mods so that I can finally get this
system up and (more-or-less) running?  Then I can start worrying about
the ADB problems...

Thanks,

-Todd.