Subject: Re: New problem...
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1995 17:36:47
On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu> wrote:

> I'm still using the 9.16 kernel as the 11.26
> won't work with powerbooks, right?  Is that an adb problem?  Is there a
> kernel out there that supports adb on powerbooks?  How about FPE?

The 9.26 kernel doesn't really support ADB. If you can get the PB145 to
boot, it's just because it ignores the ADB and goes on. But it probably also
isn't handling things properly if it just ignores the ADB, which may be
causing your problems. The 11.28 kernel is different - it actually
works better, but if the ADB hardware is different than it expects, then
it hangs instead of continuing on. No kernel I know of right now supports
ADB on powerbooks, although there are some who are working on it, I believe.

Last I heard, the FPE was still being worked on when 1.1 was released. I
believe Allen stated a few days ago that he would release a patch when the FPE
was more complete.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504