Subject: New problem...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1995 14:36:40
Something really strange happened to me yesterday.  The system booted
fine, up to the point at which it says changing root to sd1a and then
hung.  Does this mean I have to re mkfs the partition again?  (4th time
and still never been able to start up twice in a row)  Is this some freak
problem that only occurs with my system?  It's a PB 145, external 540 Mb
Quantum mechanism drive (the slow one) with a little over 64 megs of unix
Root & User Partition.  I'm still using the 9.16 kernel as the 11.26
won't work with powerbooks, right?  Is that an adb problem?  Is there a
kernel out there that supports adb on powerbooks?  How about FPE?  It's
not really a big problem -- I'm moving the drive over to a IIsi at my
father's workplace as soon as I can get the system workign consistently.

On a side note, what *is* a magic number?

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |

</SIG>