Subject: Booting netbsd on a Performa 600
To: None <brg@dgate.org>
From: Ken A. Baker <pp000955@interramp.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/05/1995 20:03:04
Dear Brian and NetBSD'ers:
        I have downloaded NetBSD/68k from ftp.netbsd.org (version 1.1) and
installed the base,kernel, and etc packages into a A/UX Root slice on a
Quantum LPS340S formatted with Silverlining 5.5.4. When I try and book
using Booter 1.8 It lets me set the values and then I do boot now. It gives
me the Launch Window, prints all of the enviornment variables, asks if it's
ok to boot. I hit the ok button, about 2 seconds after that it completely
freezes the machine. I have to hit the reboot switch to get back.
        Since I'm very new at NetBSD I don't know what to look for as the
problem here. I am familiar with Unix since I work as a Performance
Engineer at ADP in that realm. It seems either the cutover to execute the
kernel fails or the address it's going for isn't there. I do have a real
fpu in this machine and I know that works. Of all of the envorinment vars
and comments printed out I don't know which ones are significant. I do have
them all in two screen snapshots.
        So if anyone can give me some pointers of what to go and do or look
for I'd appreciate it. Please email me since I'm not on any mailing lists
(yet...)
Thanks!
Ken

Ken A. Baker
pp000955@interramp.com (Home email address)
kab@plaza.ds.adp.com (Work email address)
Researching Baker, Bennett, McGonigal, and Drake