Subject: Re: Problem with Mkfs on Syquest
To: <>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1995 22:11:16
On Mon, 4 Dec 1995 kevin@spef.syr.ge.com wrote:

> Humm..  No actually your set-up looks very close to mine.  I am running
> System 7.0.1 and the Apple HD setup came from a sumex site as I recall.
> I've never seen a version of Apple HD setup that would recognize anything
> but "Apple" drives (ie. Quantum).

My "Apple" drive is an IBM.  At least, that's what the label says.  Who
knows?  Maybe IBM took this one from Quantum...

> This seems strange to me as I have had vurtually no problems with using the
> SyQuest drive.

Well, I've had problems, but mine was/is a Seagate.  APple's program
_still_ doesn't recognize the drive.

> If you cann't find the patched HD setup through Archie let me know I can pack
> mine up and send it to you if you'd like.

I'd like a copy of this patch to try and fiddle with my drive.  Where was
the site (Archie?)  :)

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy
 email: pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu
   WWW:     http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/