Subject: Re: Ghostscript, Ghostview
To: None <pricej@CEBAF.GOV>
From: Francois Pays <francois@pluton.sema-itf.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1995 16:52:49
> From owner-port-mac68k@netbsd.org Mon Dec  4 16:30 WET 1995
> Date: Mon, 04 Dec 1995 08:12:03 -0500

> Has anyone gotten ghostview to work?  I was able to compile ghostscript
> 2.6.2 with little problem (the one catch I remember -- you have to tell it
> where the X libraries are), but ghostview 1.5 runs into problems with the
> definition of sys_errlist being multiply defined (apparently).
>
> I'm about at the limit of my Unix skills here; has anyone gotten this to
> work?  If not, I will get a more detailed description of what is going
> wrong and post it here.

I had the same problem on a port : sys_errlist multiply defined.
As i remember, sys_errlist was declared <extern char *sys_errlist> in
the sources, and was in conflict with the system includes that declare
it <extern const char *sys_errlist>.

There are several ways out. It is probably not the most elegant solution,
but you may replace every line : (use a shell script and ex!)
extern char *sys_errlist;
by
#ifdef NETBSD
extern const char *sys_errlist;