Subject: Re: NetBSD1.1 binary problems
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1995 22:00:05
On Sat, 2 Dec 1995, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > I can't even *find* an error log file to cpout and post.
>
> There won't be one--it's not got anywhere to store one, yet!  If you're
> using a serial boot echo, and a 2nd computer, you should be able to save
> the serial output.

The only problem is, the adb ps error shows up on the booter side, not
the kernel side.  It's about 3/4 the way to the point at which the dumb
terminal (Power Mac) starts getting output.

After reformatting and reintalling the base package, I can't bring the
drive up write-enabled because there's some mismatch between the drive
and some file in the etc folder.  Maybe I just need to finish installing
and rebuild the devices again.  Dunno.

Just out of  mere curiosity, would it be at all beneficial to upgrade to
the release version of 1.1 from the Alpha version?  Will it make things
better or worse when I move the drive to a IIsi?

As a footnote, does anyone know if pgp will compile under NetBSD?  If so,
will it run?  Would it be infinitely easier just to run it MacOS-side?

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |

P.S.  I usually omit most of the signature except on local mail.  Sorry.