Subject: NetBSD-1.1 + MacII
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Carl Harris <ceharris@mal.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1995 12:56:04
Anyone else having problems getting 1.1 to run on a MacII?

My configuration is:  Mac II, 8MB RAM, 80MB on ID 0, 80MB on ID 3,
30MB on ID 4.  I have an Apple ethernet card in the machine, too.

I've been running 1.0A on this Mac for a long time, now.  I decided to
keep my 1.0A installation (on ID 0) and install 1.1 on the other 80MB
disk (on ID 3).  The installation went smoothly, but when I try to boot
(using booter 1.8, of course, with debugging messages on) it gets as far
as

	Moving ROMbase from 0x40800000 to 0x1800000.
	Video address 0xfaa0020 -> 0x4200020.

and that's it.  It wedges hard.

The monitor control panel is set to Black&White (as always), and I tried
swapping out the ethernet card.  Anyone have any ideas?

--Carl