Subject: NetBSD-1.1 and X on a P600
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1995 22:00:40
I upgraded my Performa 600 from 1.0 (Jul 95) to 1.1 and I'm having
difficulty getting X to work properly.  I was running the X11R6 from
11Mar95.  Whenever I start up X the screens get initialized and the
X-cursor shows up--you can still move the cursor, however, that is it.  No
windows get started, nor can I start any since I cannot bring up the twm
menu.  No errors are generated that I can see.

I found a newer version of Xmacbsd on puma (950912) and installed it--when
I ran it I first got:

Couldn't open /dev/grf2.

Fatal server:
no such file or directory

So I created grf2 and tried to start up X again.  I got the same results as
before...

Anyone have any suggestions?

dt-1.1.2 works fine, so there must be some minor problem.

Derrick Hutchinson