Subject: Re: ttys and ppp
To: Jerry Thomas <hoodlum@utw.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1995 14:49:57

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone could help with a ttys problem. I would like
> more tty ports , i have used this command " ./MAKEDEV tty0" but it
> doesn't work. I have tired " ./MAKEDEV pty1" it makes the new ttyq
> and ptyq and if i logout and login it says login incorrect.

I'm a bit confused by your question. Did you use the Make Devices command
from the installer? If so, it should have made tty00 and tty01 (in /dev).

These are the only two ports you can use at the moment, the mac
modem and printer ports (tty00 & tty01 respectively). NetBSD/mac68k
doesn't support any additional serial ports at present.

AFAIK, the use for pty's is either for xterms or for network logins.
Hard-connected serial logins wouldn't use them.

Take care,

Bill