Subject: Prob (mkfs) on Syquest EZ135
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patty Nunez <dust@interramp.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/1995 00:36:17
I had MacBSD running on my SE30s Internal Hard Drive, so I have gone
through the installation process once before.

This time I want to set up 1.1 (1.1a, or whateve it is called :)) on a new
Syquest EZ135 drive.

I used Alliance Power Tools to partition the drive, that seemed to work out
find.  When I ran mkfs, however, I get ...

inquiry(0)
inquiry(1)
inquiry(2)
inquiry(3)
inquiry(4)
inquiry(5)
inquiry(6)
modesense page4(0)
Error on SCSI select(), #2
get - device info returned 2
Partition read, SCSIID=0
Error on SCSISelect(),#2

Now, my Syquest EZ135 has SCSI ID=4 (from APT and SCSI Probe) and I have a
small Mac partition on it that is read fine under the Mac OS.

As I read the "install" document closer, I read "If you are trying to
install on a Syquest see the FAQ".  I cannot find them at the moment, but
if I recall, the FAQ Syquest stuff involved the parameters needed to set up
a Syquest.  Presently, I am not reaching that stage.

So ....  I have three questions - in order of importance (to me)

(1)     How do I get around/fix this problem with mkfs
(2)     Where can I find the FAQ section on Syquest drives
(3)     I have not been able to find X11R6 anywhere lately - is this
because the new release has caused problems and X will soon be out again in
leaner, meaner format :)

Thanks for eveyone's work.  I run an SE30 with 20 MB and was hoping to give
some feedback on the whether I had any troubles with new release similar to
a message I saw a couple days ago.

Patrick Nunez