Subject: Re: LCII
To: Kelly Campbell <camk@homer.spub.ksu.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/1995 15:18:00
[ Kelly said: ]
> locks up in ADBAlternateInit. The code at that address looks right. It's
> almost the same code as on a IIci at the ADBAlternateInit location for it.
> The ROM maps don't seem to give a clue about this ADBAlternateInit either.

I don't think ADBAlternateInit is a real MacOS ROM routine. That is, you
won't see a listing for it in the rom maps. It's a routine in the MRG
code in NetBSD that calls a certain location in the MacROM. But this location
does not actually have a name, it's just part of some init code that
the MRG code uses to get the ADB set up instead of using ADBReInit.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504