Subject: Re: LCII
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/1995 09:25:57
On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > I've been trying to get NetBSD going on an LCII lately, but with very little
> > luck. I've tried both the current kernel and John Wittoski's ADB kernel, but
> > it still locks up whenever it enables ADB interupts.
>
> Hmmm...  Is it ADB interrupts?  How do you know for sure?  I was
> assuming that it was something else...  I don't know of anyone who's
> had any luck on the LCII.

On the topic of ADB, while attempting to run 1.1A w/ the Wittoski kernel
on a Powerbook 145, the system gave several "ADB PS... Timed Out" errors
(didn't look like the above, but that's the idea anyway).  Following
this, it correctly identified the keyboard and trackball, but the
keyboard hung much like the SE/30 problem, refusing to accept input at
the Choose Shell (or return for sh) prompt.

Just wondered if there might be some correlation.

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |

You can use pgp to send me encrypted messages using my public key.
Finger davagatw@mars.utm.edu.

Signature deleted due to length.  :-)