Subject: Re: LCII
To: Kelly Campbell <camk@homer.spub.ksu.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1995 23:54:49
> I've been trying to get NetBSD going on an LCII lately, but with very little
> luck. I've tried both the current kernel and John Wittoski's ADB kernel, but
> it still locks up whenever it enables ADB interupts.

Hmmm...  Is it ADB interrupts?  How do you know for sure?  I was
assuming that it was something else...  I don't know of anyone who's
had any luck on the LCII.

> If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction as to
> where to start figuring out why ADB interupts would lock up the machine, I'd
> appreciate it.

I suggest starting with "is it really the ADB interrupt?"  If it is,
you might try poking into Macsbug a bit on the LCII to see how ADB
interrupts are handled in the ROM.

I wish you happy hunting.  I had assumed that the problem was coming
from the ASIC handling VIA2/RBV functions or from the video hardware.
I really know nothing about this machine, though.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>