Subject: Re: Continuing 1.1 woes on P600
To: Runs With the Night Hawks... <hawks@mcs.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1995 22:50:20
> The problem seems most definately to be the new serial driver, possibly during
> write operations, here is why I say that.

SERIAL?  Or SCSI?  Sounds like the latter (thankfully, we're not
communicating in IC numbers--8530 vs.5380 ;-).
I don't see how this has anything to do with serial.

> I reinstalled the 1.1 kernel, same problems.  I notice that it always started
> reporting errors right after savecore.  So I commented out savecore and it
> -still errored.  Oh, one small error with the 1.1new scsi driver kernel, at
> savecore I got the error:
> savecore: can't find device 105/108
> does this point to anything?

That just means that the kernel on disk in /netbsd and the running
kernel are not in sync.  I assume that this was the case (i.e., you
booted from netbsd-1.1 and netbsd or booted one from MacOS or
something).

Am I correct in saying that:
	* With the 1.1 kernel, things were hosed.  Even with savecore
	  commented out.
	* With the kernel that I pointed you to last night, everything
	  seems OK again.  Except that savecore complained about not
	  being able to find device 105/108.

?

-allen

--