Subject: Continuing 1.1 woes on P600
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Runs With the Night Hawks... <hawks@mcs.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1995 21:03:00
Here's the latest.

There was a comment made that maybe its my Seagate drive.  The Seagate has
always been my NetBSD drive and hasn't had any problems till now.

The problem seems most definately to be the new serial driver, possibly during
write operations, here is why I say that.

Allen built me a kernel based on 1.1 minus the new scsi driver. (I assume
that was the only difference Allen)  And that kernel booted just fine and
was quite happy.

I reinstalled the 1.1 kernel, same problems.  I notice that it always started
reporting errors right after savecore.  So I commented out savecore and it
-still errored.  Oh, one small error with the 1.1new scsi driver kernel, at
savecore I got the error:
savecore: can't find device 105/108
does this point to anything?

After commenting out savecore with the straight 1.1 kernel I continued to get
scsi errors, but afterthat most things write (clearing tmp, etc)

Everthing before that point in rc seems to function fine every time I boot
on any kernel, all disk read operations that I can tell, just starting
services.  This is all conjecture on my part so take it as you may.

Anyway, that's the latest.  Time to go watch Chicago Hope :) I'll try anything
new tomorrow night if anyone comes up with anything.

Thanx again folks.

Alan Palmer
-hawks@mcs.com < prefered
apalmer@il.us.swissbank.comm
                        (  ^ only 1 m, bugger this flakey keyboard)
:)