Subject: sources & binaries
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <brown@cards.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1995 15:02:57
Hi All,

  After I couldn't retrieve the binaries from ftp.netbsd.org, I tried
retrieving the sources.  the source files were concatinated and
gunzipped.  I tried to extract them using SunOS 4.1.3, the
directories were created as executable files, not direcotories.  The
same trick with Solaris 2.4 would create the directories as
directories and extract all the files.  Is there something funky
going on with the tar files.  When I retrieved the source files of
the last version, I was able to extract them with SunOS 4.1.3 tar.

  I created a tar file with Solaris 2.4 and was able to extract the
files and directories with SunOS tar.  According to our sysadmin,
nothing has changed with tar on our SunOS system.

  Does anybody know what happened to not allow the SunOS version of
tar not to work on these particular archives any more?

  Thanks
     Doug

--