Subject: Re: 1.1 Alpha on p600 agaon
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alan Palmer <alan_palmer@il.us.swissbank.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1995 11:19:22
ok, Allen asked for a bit more detail so here it is.

I payed much more attention to what was going on this time (I was too happy that it
got as far as it did the first time and wasn't paying close enough attention)

It boots, gets quite a ways actually, this time to
Automatic Boot in progress.

So that means the scsi driver is working to some extent, as it continues to boot,
including starting services I get the following three errors in random order
Bus Error: core dumped
sd1(ncrscsi 0:4:0): illegal request data=00 00 00 24 00 01 c8 67 04
sd1(ncrscsi 0:4:0): illegal request data=00 00 00 24 00 01 c8 00 00

I get mostly the scsi error ending in 67 04 interspersed about 5:1 with the other scsi
error and the Bus Error, probablly a side effect, happends about 2-3 times per screen.

FSCK seemed to work, though shortly there after when the boot process got to:
Checking for core dump:

is where all of the errors started happening.

A bit strange.  To help my own concious, with 2 internal HD's, no external SCSI devices
at all, BOTH internal drives need to be terminated, correct? (help rule that one out)

Any other info/fixes/etc I'll try tonight when I get home and back to my mac.

Thanx abunch all.
Alan Palmer
hawks@mcs.com <- prefered
alan_palmer@il.us.swissbank.com

All std disclaimers apply since I'm writting from work.