Subject: Re: NuBus Ethernet cards
To: Paul T. Mobbs <mobbster@eci1.ucsb.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1995 08:02:46
> Does anybody know if the following SONIC ethernet card will work with NetBSD?

Hmmm...  Do you know what the ethernet driver is on those cards?  If
it's a National Semiconductor 8390 or 83902, it should work.  If it's
a 83932, then it won't for sure.  It also depends on which Mac you have.
No one has yet to figure out why a few systems (Perf. 600 and LCIII come
to mind) are having problems with slot interrupts.

> If not, which Asante and Apple (or other) cards *do* work?

The older Apple cards (not the intelligent ones that need A/ROSE, or the
SONIC (not Sonic Systems, but the NS83932, which is called the SONIC,
too) and all non-SCSI Asante's that I've tried will work.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>