Subject: ppp intro
To: Jorge Ramos <jramos@interport.net>
From: Francois Pays <fpays@isicom.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1995 13:06:45
>I now have another question, could someone tell me
>where I could find a faq (if there is one) or ANY info on how to connect
>with ppp using 1.1a .

I have not seen any FAQ or HowTo about PPP on any NetBSD/mac68k site. I
think it would be a great idea for someone to write one, since setting a PPP
link is actually a bit tricky. (No. Not me ;) However, PPP is not NetBSD
specific at all so there are numerous interesting FAQ about it across the
web. I believe there are also some interesting script examples and READMEs
in the pppd sources directory.

Talking of your problem, what you have to do is basicaly writting a shell
script that launches /usr/sbin/pppd with the right arguments. As usual,
man pppd and man chat is the best way to start. The  here'after example
should give you some landmarks.

-- Francois Pays

/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/tty00 57600 connect chatscript -ac -am -vj -pc netmask
255.255.255.0 defaultroute modem crtscts noipdefault
(Some of these arguments such as modem and crtscts are probably useless.)

----chatscript:
#!/bin/sh
CHAT=/usr/sbin/chat
MODEM=ZDXF2834
$CHAT -v -f $MODEM

----ZDXF2834:
'' AT&FM1$SB57600S30=0S6=1S11=120&E11 OK ATTD555555555 CONNECT ''
ogin: mylogin
assword: mypasswd