Subject: Re: Perf600 help
To: Jorge Ramos <jramos@interport.net>
From: Bob Fuller <rafuller@iquest.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1995 23:09:18
>Has anyone been able to get 1.1a to work on the 600? When I try to get it
>to boot it set up a bunch of env: and then it just hangs. I did not get any
>errors when I put it in so I dont know what it could be. Well thats not
>completely true, it told me that there was some error at scsi 5(I have a
>zip at that id) but when mkfs was finished it told me it did not remeber
>any errors. I really would like to get this up and running. I'll take any
>help I can get.
>

>System specs.
>perf600(I've added the fpu)
>12 megs of ram
>1gig internal(fireball)
>1 meg of vram
>zip drive at id5

I've got it running on a IIvx.  I had similiar results as you.  I had it to hang
during boot due to having a non-compatible ethernet card in it.  I removed
that, and it
worked without problem.

My system is similiar, though I have 8 meg ram, 330 and 80 meg HD's and
it's the IIvx rather
than the performa 600.

Hope this helps.

Bob