Subject: LCIII ethernet cards
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/1995 13:18:28
I posted about this a few weeks ago - my LCIII's Asante MacCon is not
recognised by any NetBSD kernel - it hangs on the ae0: line.  I now have
slightly more info.

I just moved my BSD boot disk to another LCIII with an Apple ethernet card
and it works nicely (except that said LC does not have an FPU, so you can't
get very far...).

So what is the problem likely to be...

I might be able to send my ethernet card back and get an apple one, (since
its quite new) or even swap ethernet cards with the LC in the office.  Or I
may just buy another....

But I'd rather not do any of the above.

How much fixing is the kernel likely to require to support my card?

Yours,

Julian