Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD on a Powerbook 160?
To: Philippe Schoenberger <Philippe.Schoenberger@der.edf.fr>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/1995 15:57:40
> Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to run NetBSD on a Powerbook 160 ?
> (10/120 68030 without FPU ).

No, I don't think so, at least for now.

Reasons:

	1) lack of FPU; none of kernels available at this moment is compiled
	with FPE built-in, AFAIK (I'll put one up on my ftp area if there's
	anyone who wants it, though FPE isn't complete yet).

	2) ADB; probably current ADB driver can't handle the 160's ADB.

	3) IDE HD; the 160 has an IDE disk, not a SCSI disk.  There's no IDE
	driver for Mac (yet?).  You'll need an external drive.

These are as many as I can think of.  What else?

ken