Subject: Re: Panics when doing mkdir
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1995 23:04:08
> There was some talk about PPC port on current-users a long time ago
> (like, nearly a year?), but we haven't heard anything from the person
> or the people who said they were working on it since then.

There has been some work done, and in fact, that's one of the reasons
that gcc 2.7.1 supports the PowerPC rather well.  One of the people
involved has written a PowerPC simulator plug-in for gdb that some of
the gcc development has been tested under.  I haven't actually gotten
it set up here, myself, yet...  (Got close a few times before disk space
bit...)-:

> (Allen, the PMac port plan isn't a secret since you put it on
> puma's homepage, is it? ;-).

Not a secret...  I'll be working on the 8500, but I won't be going for
any speed records...  ;-)

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **