Subject: Re: Compatible Accelerators for Mac II
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: Eugene Skonicki <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1995 20:10:09
Brad Salai uttered these words in the midst of the great quest on the net:

> Can anyone report on their experience with accelerators for the Mac II that
> are compatible with MacBSD.
>
> I have a NEED FOR SPEED.

Accelerators that I know of have been historically unstable under
MacBSD.  When I first installed on my Mac II, I had a Daystar 30 MHz
030 card installed.  BSD however kept choking on the MMU
emulation.  From other experience and postst, I'd say the
safe advice is to stay away from them if at all possible.

MacBSD is pretty rock-solid on the Mac II, but there is the
speed issue.  The best to do might be to drop the $400 and
upgrade to a IIci or some such organism...

Gene

--
Gene Skonicki                  For more info: ph -s ns.imsa.edu sparta