Subject: Re: Panics when doing mkdir
To: Mack Nagashima <mackn@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1995 11:36:08
> 	BTW..IS there gonna be a NetBSD for the PowerPC?  Is there
> development of any specific system? I think i heard that they started one
> for the 7100 but that was a while ago...updates?

There was some talk about PPC port on current-users a long time ago
(like, nearly a year?), but we haven't heard anything from the person
or the people who said they were working on it since then.

If the current state continues until I get my own PPC box (most likely
Moto's PowerStack or IBM's, ...er... PowerPersonal?  I forgot the
name), I'll try myself.  IOW, at least there will be an effort to port
NetBSD to the PReP based systems.  I suspect Allen's going to have
some work done on his PMac port by the time I get to work on it,
though (Allen, the PMac port plan isn't a secret since you put it on
puma's homepage, is it? ;-).

Whoa, wait!  Don't flood his mailbox with "I want it" mails!  Not
until 1.1 is out, at least...  Please, people :-)

ken