Subject: Re: Book?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1995 16:13:25
And then spake Ken Nakata as follows:
> > 	Can anyone recommend a good text on general UN*X "system
> > administration" (I use quotes b/c I will be the only one using the
> > system)...  One that they have found applies well to NetBSD?  I'm looking
> > from the standpoint of a "used a lot of UN*X, just never run it before"
> > standpoint...
>
> My recommendation goes to _UNIX System Administration Handbook_,
> 2nd. Ed., by Nemeth, et. al., Prentice-Hall.  It deals with BSD/OS,
> the closest sibling to NetBSD on the market.

I also heartily recommend this book -- aside from being a comprehensive
treatment of the subject with examples given for many and varied Unices, it
can even be fun to read. :-)

-Brian

--
     Brian Gaeke - email: brg@laird - Ask me for my PGP key!
 "'Involuntary' means a non-intentional act such as a hat blowing