Subject: Re: talk probs...
To: Mack Nagashima <mackn@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1995 18:21:55
On Sun, 26 Nov 1995, Mack Nagashima wrote:

> 	I'm having a problem with talk...i've had this prblem for
> awhile...something about a binding error..not being able to bind
> sockets..anywayz...  i'm sure i won't have this problem AFTER redoing my
> whle system with 1.1....one question..

Is it by some chance a "libc.?.?.so Unable to bind to port" error?  Are you
having trouble with a talk daemon or a client? (Talkd or talk) Assuming,
of course, that there is a clear distinction under NetBSD.

> 	Is it fully compat with the IIsi? and how do i update all my
> files to the 1.1 version without disrupting my customized files.. like
> most of the files in /etc...or do i just NOT install the new etc package?

Based on all the posts I've seen so far, that's probably the easiest
answer... you might want to install it in a separate location (even on a
mac partition, if you want) and move any files that you *want* to update
into the /etc directory.

> 	Also..where can i get the FULL set 1.1 files?  i think i saw a
> directory for it on some FTP site but it was empty...
>

> -Mack

If you want the binaries, try ftp.netbsd.org
In the directory /NETBSD-1.1/mac68k/binary/

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |
<SIG>                                                                   |
|               The only difference between life and death              |
|                  is that life will eventually end....                 |
|_______________________________________________________________________|
|     THE ELEVENTH COMMANDMENT:         |   If there is one constant    |
|                                       |       in this universe,       |
|         And the Lord Said,            |          it is death.         |
|        Thou Shalt Not Quote           |            --Soran,           |
|            signatures....          ___|___   Star Trek Generations    |
|___________________________________|  ,,,  |---------------------------|
|                                     |o o|                             |
|/-------------------------------vvv--'-v-'--vvv-----------------------\|
|___|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|____|
|_|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|
|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|_|
|___|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|____|
|_|______|______|      La vie...  est interessante        |______|______|
|______|______|_|      La mort... est interessante        |____|______|_|
|___|______|____|      Mais cela... ce n'est rien!        |_|______|____|
|______|______|_|  ...Much learning doth make thee mad.   |____|______|_|

You can use pgp to send me encrypted messages using my public key (below).

</SIG>