Subject: Re: Booting without a monitor or keyboard
To: Jack Culpepper <jackc@wallace.st.hmc.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1995 13:54:26
> However, whenever I want to reboot, I have to unplug the monitor and
> keyboard off my PowerMac and hook it up to the IIsi because System
> 7.0 will not boot without a monitor attached!  Has anyone found a
> work around for this problem?

I've never actually tried this one, but it should work; get one of
those Mac-VGA adaptors (NEC's and Sony MacView LX certainly work but
the latter would be a bit overkill), and stack it to your IIsi video
port.  Be sure it returns the display id code of the Apple 13".  IIsi
will happily think it has a monitor and boot.

> Aside from this, I have been _extremely_ happy with everything about
> NetBSD, and am eagerly awaiting 1.1!

So am I :-)

ken