Subject: Re: Radius graphics cards & X
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/1995 18:54:49
At 10:40 11/9/95, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>Howdy everyone!
>
>I'm looking at getting a graphics card to drive a 2 page display I
>inherited from a friend. It's an old Radius display which doesn't work
>with internal video on new computers (which is why I got it).
>
>I've got a IIsi with an open NuBus slot, so I'm loking at something
>like a Radius 8Xj (the "pro" 8 bit card). Has anyone tried this card?
>What results have people had with other large-screen cards?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Bill
I bought a used Radius 8X card from someone on the net for about $150 and
it works great in a IIvx.  I also costs about one third the price of a new
card--that I would say is a major plus...

Only trouble I had was acquiring the proper video cable, the one I ordered
from Radius was backordered several weeks, so I got impatient and bought an
IBM video cable with five (5) BNC connectors (use the green one) and one of
those little adapters that you need to set with switches.  The Radius cable
finally arrived and I was thoroughly distressed by the fact that it didn't
even work, so I sent it back anyway after the long wait.

If you need/want more particulars about the card I bought or the
jury-rigged video cable set up, drop me a line and I'll detail it.

Derrick Hutchinson