Subject: Re: filesystem problems
To: josh grubman <waef@miso.wwa.com>
From: Gransaulls <gransaul@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/1995 19:24:29
>i have all of the netbsd base files and jon wittowski's kernel installed on
>my lc III (33mhz/fpu/8 megs ram/netbsd on a 330 hd). the system seems to
>boot fine, only, according to netbsd, my file system is *READ ONLY* - i
>can't make any changes to the filesystem or run anything that attemps to
>make a tempfile or other disk write (i can't run anything) from the
>consone. i can make changes using the installer, if this means anything. i
>figure i must've set something wrong when running mkfs (i'm using 18 megs
>as swap space and the rest for root&usr)...?

I believe you have done everything right, since you can boot the system.
You are most likely booting in single user mode, which mounts the root
filesystem read-only by default.  Use the command "mount -u /" to mount the
root file system read/write, or "mount -a" to mount all filesystems
read/write.

>if anyone can help, that would be great. thanks.

I hope I have helped you because I am a confessed newbie, who encountered
the same "problem".  I have since bought a couple of texts on UNIX system
administration.
>josh
>

>"drop out of school, disobey your parents, kill everyone in sight, and
>above all, steal everything"
>
> - jesus.

Derek Gransaull
Foster City, CA