Subject: LCIII tricks and what not
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: josh grubman <waef@miso.wwa.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1995 23:04:18
okay... i just moved that jumper, and all's well. another fan in the mac
would do nothing other than force the owner into figuring out where to hook
it up ;)

if you have overheating problems, this might help. my machine is doing
fine, so i haven't tested this this *should* work, but don't yell at me if
something goes wrong...

go to a hardware store and buy a piece of copper (it's very
heat-conductive) with a base which has one dimension about the same size as
your processor, and one about an inch longer. bend up the two longer sides
so that the copper now forms a "u" shape. temporarily attatch this to the
top of your processot (so that the base of the "u" bend matches up with the
top of the '030). if this works, buy some conductive epoxy (ecobond 286
works well) and glue the "u" shaped metal to the top of your processor. now
have fun trying to tell your mac in a few years when it's *totally*
obsolete :)

josh

"drop out of school, disobey your parents, kill everyone in sight, and
above all, steal everything"

 - jesus.

root