Subject: LC3 color
To: <>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1995 10:30:37
On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Tom Rowlands wrote:

> <snip>
>
> You will need an FPU. Ken Nakata is working on an FPU emulator.
> <mailto:kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>.

I'd like to help!  Not that it matters, I'll have an FPU before long...

> >4.  Is it possible to use color on the LC III running NetBSD?
> Dunno...

Well, just so you know that LC's have some problems when trying to be
compatible with other Macs' Color Quickdraw.  You have to call an extra
function everytime you setup a color grafport.  It took me a whole year
to find this "bug", and most applications on the market overcome this
somehow.  They probably make the call anyway.  It's just recommended, I
guess.  I don't know if any current kernels have this call in them.

> >At the end, I would like to appologize for my English, I am better in
> >reading, than in writing.

I never noticed.  Sorry.  You sound just like the rest of us.

> Note: Keep in mind that the above info might be a bit off... I just watch
> the list for fun, and don't actually use NetBSD yet.

Me neither.  I can't get anything to install.  I don't want to even mess
with BSD until I get that FPU chip.  Then, I'll only have 4M RAM, so if I
do anything, it will take a week to compile.  :)

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy
 email: pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu
   WWW:     http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/