Subject: Re: Remap Mouse-Buttons in X
To: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1995 16:55:15

>I think you are correct. X is probably NOT causing the problem. If the keyboard
>sends left and right code as the same keycode, then X has no idea which side
>they are from and really does not care. But if the keyboard is sending
>different codes for left and right, then the X server may not recognize the
>right keycodes if they are not set up in X properly.

Well, I have some news,  My old apple extended keyboard died, actually my
kid executed it, and I picked up a MicroSpeed keyboard. The right hand
control and option keys work as expected under X. It must be something in
the apple keyboard that causes problems. I even tried unplugging the adb
connection to the apple keyboard after booting X and plugging it back in,
but the results remained the same.

Brad

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Home   (716) 377-4624
Rochester, NY 14614