Subject: cu problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Barr <gt8013c@prism.gatech.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1995 23:43:13
OK, now that I can boot macbsd, I'm trying to setup ppp.  Hopefully this
problem is a little less obvious than my last.  Using the slip-setup how-to
document, I try to connect to the modem using

% cu -l /dev/tty00 -s 19200

It returns '[connected]', then nothing. Nothing I type shows up, and it
never seems to contact the modem [judging from listening over the phone].
The only way I get any response or display is from '~.', at which time it
returns '[disconnected]' and exits to shell.  Why can't I get any response
from the modem?

My hardware: IIsi w/ fpu, 9mb ram, 9600 baud Zoom modem on modem serial port.
Any suggestions?
-Adam

p.s.  I just checked the permissions of /dev/tty00 to make sure that wasn't
the problem.  Turns out they were rw-r--r-- by default w/ uucp being the
owner.  I'm logged in as root, so I changed it to rw-rw-rw-.
Unfortunately, that didn't help, same problem.

Adam Barr
Computer Engineering, Georgia Tech      gt8013c@prism.gatech.edu
Co-op, Silicon Graphics, Inc.           abarr@atlanta.sgi.com