Subject: Re: LC 475
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles J. Williams <chas@ohm.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1995 15:53:38
In message <199510171810.OAA00473@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us>,"Brian R. Gaeke"
 writes:
>For some reason I get the feeling someone should write a netbsd/mac68k
>formatter. Then I get the feeling it would be only sort of worth it.

actually, what are we really needing?  Most disk drives are already shipped
with some software that will put the basic scsi driver and partitions on a
drive.

Writing a little program to muck with partitions (creating, deleting) would
be rather easy to do.  The difficult parts of a writing a "formatter" would
be actually doing a low level scsi format, and the generic scsi driver needed
for the disk (although there is a driver in the rom, i dont know what the
on disk driver is used for)

--chas iii